Thursday, July 2, 2009

Soccer Suit

If Mana and I were on the movie The Incredibles this is the kind of exchange you could expect to hear/see.

Noah: Honey?

Mana: What?

Noah: Where's my soccer suit?

Mana: What?

Noah: Where is my soccer suit?

Mana: I uh - put it away.

Noah: Where?

Mana: Why do you need to know?

Noah: I need it!

Mana: Nuh uh! Don't you think about leaving to play soccer! We've been planning this dinner for two months!

Noah: The team is in danger!

Mana: My evening's in danger!

Noah: You tell me where my suit is woman! This is for the greater good!

Mana: I am your wife! I am the greatest 'good' you are ever gonna get!

Noah: Don't tell me my business Devil Woman!!!

Movie aside this is the kind of exchange you can expect to hear/see in our house on a regular basis. For those of you who know me, you know that I'll hold on the sports glory days despite repeated injury and an aging body. You'll have to pry my activity in sports from my cold dead fingers much to the chagrin of my wife.

So play on I say and I'll continue to come home bruised and battered to my comfy spot under the bus with my new soccer ball and cleats.

No comments: